I got this idea of maintaining an account of the planning and scheduling as and when it happens, for our Delhi-Leh bike trip which we have intended to attempt in Jun/Jul 07. This is the first post and here are the details as they happened till today:
1) My cousin invited me to join him and his friends on his Delhi-Leh trip scheduled for Jun 30 – Jul 15 2007. This invitation came via an email on 11th April 2007. This is of course a trip of a life time and I would have had no hesitation in saying yes, if not for the fact that my boss had just approved my Singapore vacations a day before. Tickets to Singapore were to be borne by my company and this was a gift for completing 3 years. I had happily announced this to my friend in Singapore and was planning to go in Jun/Jul. After hearing from cousin and being invited to join them in Leh, I was in a fix!
2) After much contemplation, I decided to ditch Singapore and join my cousin (whose name is Rajith, btw). I decided this on April 12th and booked tickets on the same day. My Spicejet flight is scheduled to depart on Jun 30th at 11:30. I paid 3174/- for the tickets.
3) Meanwhile, I did a lot of googling to read travelogues of others who had done this trip. My excitement grew with each story I read Here are some good links that I came across:
- A gallery (link too long)
Today, April 13 I booked by return tickets on Indigo airlines for Jul 14th (Saturday). Funnily I flew SpiceJet to Delhi and Indigo back to Bangalore during my Dec/Jan Himachal trip too.
So total cost of the trip till now: 3175 + 3024 = 6199/- for tickets
Things to do yet:
- Plan the route/see what are the pros and cons of the different routes from Delhi to Leh
- Plan what gear to take
- Get physically fit
The countdown begins!