If you woke up at a different place, in a different time, could you wake up as a different person?
It’s on Ebay.in. Details here.
Why am I selling it? Because I would like to have a bag with detatchable shoulder straps. In all other aspects, this is a great bag at a great price! (salesman mode just came on and went off)
Oh, btw – that lens looks damn sexy I know. But I don’t own it. This is a product shot from Adorama’s website. Copyright theirs. Accessories shown not included with the bag
Serious digital photographers can’t rest with just buying a good camera/lens. One of the key aspects of DP over traditional photography is control. In DP, the photographer has almost total control over his end result. This does not mean that traditional photography doesn’t offer control. Think of it this way – how many amateur film photographers set up their own darkroom? In DP, 95% of the time, the darkroom is Adobe Photoshop. What you once instructed the developing & printing lab to do, you can now do at home.
The downside of this is the amount of investment one needs to make – beyond the camera and lens. For a person as naive as me, I have struggled with:
- Memory – which brand, how fast, how much….all these questions I have investigated
- Deciding on a decent bag to carry all the stuff. Should match my cost v/s performance ratio
- Building a decent computer. – best possible graphics card, RAM and all
- Calibrating my monitor (!) – yes, this has been a nightmare. Especially after my monitor came back from repair. If i am deadly serious (and rich), I may even have to invest in a monitor calibration equipment.
- Choosing a good software for that ultimate workflow. Will it be RawShooter? CaptureONE Pro? Or any one of the many other options available. And again, struggling a bit more to see if the colour profiles match.
So here I am. Feeling wise after getting my hands messy with monitor calibration, computer freeze due to memory/CPU overload etc. But I am not complaining. It’s fun!
Want to know which is more popular, clothed or naked?
Funny conversation between a doctor and a TW here.
This plugin puts the sub-menu items in the admin area of WordPress as a selectable drop-down list. Sweet!
…was disappointing. But the snaps were not! Check them out here. Must see!!
Hey folks, I have a new email id.
From now on, send me all your love mail, hate mail, fwds, invitations, innuendos (gals only, please) etc to
pixelshooter.net [AT] gmail [DOT] com
For all official purposes, my email continues to be: pratapj [at] rushpost [dot] com
Please update your address/little black books!
- May 2011
- August 2009
- March 2009
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- January 2006
- March 2005
- February 2005
- January 2005
- December 2004
- November 2004
- October 2004
- September 2004
- August 2004
- July 2004
- June 2004
- May 2004